You’ve been made an offer by a NYCDOE school. Now what?
In order to ensure you are placed on payroll, please follow the steps below to finalize the hiring process:
- Upload the Hiring Commitment Form to your Teacher Track Checklist once it has been completed by yourself and a hiring representative/administrator at your school. This will update your records with the NYC Teaching Collaborative office.
- Provide the Hiring Manager with your Social Security Number (SSN) when you accept the position. They will use this to nominate you.
- Receive your nomination offer email. This email should link you to your Applicant Gateway profile. Once you log in, you will be able to see your TEACHING nomination. If you do not receive your nomination email within 48 hours of accepting your job offer, please follow up with your principal and your Human Resources Director.
3. Your nomination should have 8 steps that need to be completed. Complete actions as outlined in the nomination email.*
*Steps not pictured – Step 1: Nomination Recorded, Step 2: Application Submitted, Step 3: Teacher Rating Check
4. Given that you have already been fingerprinted, you should not have to visit the HR Connect Walk In Center. If you are required to complete an electronic I-9 form in Applicant Gateway, you must email your supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, if you have not already, please complete and submit the OSPRA 104 form to send your fingerprints to the state. Please ensure that you have created a TEACH account prior to completing this step. If you do not have a TEACH account, your fingerprints will not be added to the state’s database.
5. Receive DOE welcome email with additional information on accessing your DOE email address and signing up for health benefits. If you do not receive the DOE email within 48 hours of completing the items in your Applicant Gateway steps, call HR connect at 718-935-4000. They will need to re-send the Welcome Email to you.
6. Congratulations! You have been officially hired! Consult with your principal regarding the reporting instructions for your first day of school.