Unfortunately, if your undergraduate GPA fell under a 2.5, you are not eligible to apply for any NYCDOE alternative certification programs (such as the NYC Teaching Collaborative, NYC Teaching Fellows, or Pathways to PE programs). This is true regardless of when your degree was earned and regardless of advanced degrees. You may want to research and pursue certification pathways independently and perhaps also visit http://teachnyc.net to learn more about opportunities that may be available to you within the NYCDOE given your academic background.
Articles in this section
- What are the eligibility requirements to apply to the program?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0. Can I apply?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 2.5. Can I apply?
- I am certified in another state. Can I apply?
- I have an expired teaching certification. Am I eligible to apply?
- If I have previous teaching experience or prior education coursework, should I apply to the NYC Teaching Collaborative program?
- I am a paraprofessional. Am I eligible to apply?
- I applied last year but was not accepted/did not join. May I reapply?
- Is the NYC Teaching Collaborative able to offer sponsorship for work visas?
- I am a DACA recipient and have a work permit. Am I eligible to apply?