Becoming a certified teacher in NYS requires you to complete several requirements, including, but not limited to, passing your NYS Teacher Certification Exams. Candidates for Transitional B certificates must:
- Create a TEACH account.
- Receive a recommendation from the graduate university that they currently attend.
- This will be uploaded directly to your TEACH account by staff at your university.
- Ensure that your fingerprints are on file with the NYS Education Department by completing the OSPRA 104 form.
- Please note that if you completed the OSPRA 104 form prior to creating your TEACH account, the state may not have received the form and you must resubmit.
- Please note that it takes approximately 2-3 weeks for your fingerprints to appear on your TEACH account
- Complete the Dignity for Students Act (DASA), SAVE, and Mandated Reporter trainings.
If you have completed all of these steps and your Transitional B still has not been issued, please contact the NYS Education Department to inquire.
Once all of these requirements are met, you can expect to receive you Transitional B certificate within 1-2 weeks.
When you receive your Transitional B in your TEACH account, please take a screenshot of your certification status and upload it to your Teacher Track checklist. In the screenshot, be sure to include your full name as well as the date the certification was issued.