If you expect to be absent during Pre-Service Training for a religious holiday that does not coincide with a school holiday, please notify all stakeholders (Collaborative Coach, Lead Coach, Lead Instructor, the NYCTC Welcome Center, and any school personnel deemed appropriate by your Lead Coach) at least 48 hours in advance of the absence. Please note that absences for religious reasons will be documented but will not count against your three allowable absences.
Articles in this section
- Can I choose my training site (Teaching Academy)?
- What does a typical day in training look like?
- What is pre-service training (PST)?
- What is field experience?
- What will my Coach do?
- What will my Lead Coach do?
- What are Skill Building Sessions?
- What will my Lead Instructor do?
- Where are the Teaching Academies (public schools serving as NYCTC's training sites) located?
- What are performance expectations during training?