Partner Teachers are not forced into any particular teaching position. However, in alignment with the mission of our program, Partner Teachers are eligible to accept positions in specific underserved districts. Please consult this list for specific schools:
- The Bronx (districts 7-12)
- Brooklyn (districts 16,19, 23, and 32 only),
- Queens (only schools located on the Rockaway Peninsula)
- District 75 schools (as supported by your university, and only for PTs training to teach Students with Moderate to Severe Disabilities)
- Schools with Bilingual programs (as supported by your university, and only for PTs training to become Bilingual teachers)
These districts include the most underserved communities, and Partner Teachers in nearly every subject area are most likely to accept positions in the Bronx—around two thirds of all new hires to the DOE are hired in the Bronx or Brooklyn annually. While we will not require a Partner Teacher to commit to any one particular school, Partner Teachers must accept a position at a school that meets the requirements above.