In New York State, one of the routes to becoming a teacher is by completing an approved, registered "alternative" teacher preparation program. In order to be eligible for a Transitional B teaching certificate, a participant must:
- Be enrolled in a New York State registered alternative program - like the Collaborative!
- Receive an institutional recommendation from your university.
- Pass NY State Teacher Certification Examination - Educating All Students Test (EAS).
- Pass the required Content Specialty Test (CST) in your designated subject area.
- Complete the "Dignity for All Students Act" workshop.
- Receive fingerprint clearance from both New York State and New York City.
Please visit the New York State Education Department's website for additional information.