If you are a paraprofessional or other current DOE employee, you will not need to be fingerprinted again or pay the $135 fingerprinting fee. However, you will have next steps which you must complete to ensure your fingerprints are on file under the NYC Teaching Fellows' roster.
Once you receive an email from Applicant Gateway confirming that you have been nominated as a NYC Teaching Collaborative Partner Teacher, you must check your status in Applicant Gateway to verify that your Fingerprints are current and on file.
- Log into your Applicant Gateway account. Note that other browsers may have issues accessing the site, so we recommend Internet Explorer.
- Next to the title, “Roster Evaluate,” click on “Status.”
- Navigate to the ROSTER EVALUATE SECTION Fill out any forms that are in the 'forms requiring action' column, usually those two forms are the Emergency Contact form and the Background Questionnaire form
- Click on the status screen for the "Roster Evaluate" Nomination for the year 2018-2019
- Verify that all items are marked complete and upload that screenshot to Teacher Track
** Make sure each document lists "Complete" next to it. Take a screenshot of this page (example included below). Your screenshot must have your name visible. Upload the screenshot to your Teacher Track account.
Finally, you'll want to make sure your fingerprints are on file with the State. If you already have a TEACH account, log in to your TEACH account to view the status of your fingerprint application and any clearance requests on file with NY State Education Department.
Please note that if you do not create a TEACH account prior to coming to 65 Court Street, your fingerprints will not be sent to New York State via the OSPRA 104 form.
- Go to TEACH and create an account by following these self-registering instructions, linked
- Log-in to TEACH by entering your username and password you have just created and complete your applicant profile information.