Our alternative certification program is a subsidized master's degree program, so applicants must have a bachelor's conferred prior to the start of training in January. A graduate who has completed all requirements and will have obtained their bachelor's degree by December 31 would be eligible to apply for our program and begin training immediately after their graduation.
Articles in this section
- What are the eligibility requirements to apply to the program?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0. Can I apply?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 2.5. Can I apply?
- I am certified in another state. Can I apply?
- I have an expired teaching certification. Am I eligible to apply?
- If I have previous teaching experience or prior education coursework, should I apply to the NYC Teaching Collaborative program?
- I am a paraprofessional. Am I eligible to apply?
- I applied last year but was not accepted/did not join. May I reapply?
- Is the NYC Teaching Collaborative able to offer sponsorship for work visas?
- I am a DACA recipient and have a work permit. Am I eligible to apply?