While we support PTs conducting their own independent job search and ultimately accepting a position based on best fit, PTs must teach at a school within the eligible hiring districts. Hiring guidelines for PTs change from year to year, but below are the geographic districts and locations that Partner Teachers must adhere to in their job search.
Partner Teachers are eligible to accept positions in:
- The Bronx (districts 7-12)
- Brooklyn (districts 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, and 32 only),
- Queens (only schools in district 27)
- District 75 schools (as supported by your university)
- Schools with Bilingual programs (as supported by your university)
Partner Teachers are also eligible to accept a position in their training site. If you are a currently enrolled Partner Teacher, please refer to the section of your Hiring Support Guide titled "Identifying and Researching Underserved Schools and Communities".