Don't worry! Many Partner Teachers have to re-take one or more certification exams in order to obtain passing test scores and qualify for their Transitional B certificate. If you failed one or more of your certification exams, please upload your score report to your Teacher Track checklist so that we are able to track your testing progress. Go ahead and register for the exam(s) you have not passed again.
Here are some best practices as you prepare for your exams:
- Form study groups among your cohort with Partner Teachers that in your certification area and are taking the same exams as you
- Utilize the study prep materials available on Blackboard
- Use the exam preparation materials available on test registration site. Each exam has specific prep materials available there.
- Keep in mind the retake policy on the test registration site. CST exams have a 30-60 day waiting period before you are allowed to retake the same exam.
- Become familiar with the score reporting windows for each exams so you can know when to expect your results
NYSTCE Score Report Dates
You may access your score report online beginning at 10:00 p.m. on the score report date indicated. Note that we highly recommend checking the NYSTCE website for specific information on your exam as score report dates are variable by exam. We highly encourage you to test early and often to be sure you are able to pass exams prior to the start of school.
|Test Dates||Score Report Date|