Our screening team takes into account many factors when making your subject area assignment, including your own educational background and declared interest but also the needs of the NYC school districts for the year. In general, we suggest that you continue with the application process (and go through with your phone interview or Selection Day) with the subject area you have been assigned. If you are accepted into the program, you will have an opportunity to appeal your subject area assignment before enrolling.
Articles in this section
- How is my subject area assigned?
- What subject areas are available to Partner Teachers this year?
- Can I choose what subject area I want to teach?
- Can I teach a subject area not listed on your website as a Partner Teacher?
- How do I request a subject area change?
- I am a few credits short of meeting the requirements for my preferred subject area. Can I apply to teach that subject area anyway?
- What are the differences between the Mathematics/Mathematics Immersion and Science/Science Immersion programs?